Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 04:44 PM   #6
mjdougherty

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: Illinois
THOR #5822
I think you're missing the point of storing a motorhome in one of these facilities... we do it so that we can leave food in the fridge and not have to winterize the water systems. I'm not the only one that relies on the system to deliver power without interruption. I was just talking with another owner two days ago that had the same complaint (temporary loss of power).

Typically, our motorhome will be in storage for no more than 4-6 weeks before we leave on another adventure.

I'm not sure what size breakers are in the electrical system for the "big house" (the warehouse with all the Class A's in it). They might be 50A breakers for all that I know. Still, if 3-4 motorhomes shared a 50A breaker and it tripped for some reason, when the power is restored and they all start charging their battery banks, there is going to be a big load put on that breaker and it is going to blow again, real fast.

If the facility operator responds in a timely fashion, hopefully the batteries have not been drawn down that far and the breaker can support the load.

So, I am still hoping that someone out there can respond to my questions.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.