Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 07:46 PM   #13
Ifish

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35C
State: Indiana
THOR #16561
RV repairs

I have been RVing for over 35 years.
I went through a 4 year mechanical progression path at Cummins Technical Center on most types of maintenance and experimental test procedures.
It isn't broken until I can't fix it.
If I were new to campers/motorhomes and read several of the posts on many of these sites, I would be so frustrated as to never purchase, hell I wouldn't even borrow a camper.
It is an industry where if you can't fix it yourself you will be very frustrated.
The CUSTOMER SUPPORT STRUCTURE doesn't exist to third world levels.

If someone could produce a high quality line of campers and provide a decent support/repair service they could corner the market in a very short period of time.
It seems that foreign car producers almost bankrupted the big three just on initial build quality a few years ago. If you added improved service simultaneously, you would be the BIG dog very quickly.
When is the RV industry going to hear that changes need to be made???

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum