Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 04:13 AM   #21
Rick T

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FourWinds
State: Ontario
THOR #21045
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRvs666 View Post
I towed my 2020 Rubicon 500 miles and when I stopped and went to disconnect the tow bar I could smell burning rubber. I only have 4000 miles on the jeep, and I lifted the hood to see if there was anything burning and it was all good. When I started the jeep the smell was strong through the vents for a few minutes. I smelled the burned rubber for about 30 minutes and it diminished after we drove the jeep around. After the return home, another 500 miles, it had the burning smell again.

I just think it is the tire scuffing because the rubicon tires are so agressive. Coming into the neghborhood the tires get a lot of turns just before pulling in. Can anyone tell me if that is normal. I am a newby to the Toad world. I also tow a Grand Cherokee which doesn't have that tire smell. Much smaller and less aggressive tread.

Parking brake was off, transfer case was in neutral, and transmission in Park. it rolls very easy and the XG32 hardly notices that it is back there.
When I was investigating flat towing, there was a statement on one site that said one should tow for 200 miles at most then stop to let the transmission of the toad cool down.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum