Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 02:48 PM   #24
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71_340 View Post
I bought an extended warranty when I bought a used 2011 Itasca Reyo last year; cost me around 3K for 75000/60 and zero deductible. MPP paid for a new macerator pump and a slide out mechanism repair, both repairs totaled 2K.

Last June we bought a new Four Winds 24BL (also Sprinter chassis) from the same dealer and I was going to cash in the remainder of the warranty. My dealer said he could transfer the warranty for free and since I bought a new RV it would cover it for 105000/84, again zero deductible.

I had no issues or paperwork to do for both warranty repairs. It sure is worth it to me. This June my Thor warranty runs out and MPP takes over for the next 6 years.......piece of mind to me.
I think the cost and what the warranty actually covers may be a big factor. i.e I will say in a NY sec I will never buy an ESP; but if I could have purchased one for $3k, 5 years, and 75k miles, I would have jumped on that. Note I assume that the actual coverage items are at least what is normal in the industry to be covered though.

Also, since you bought a new RV from dealer, they have the insight to know the profit margins on new purchase to cover on extending the existing warranty. I had that done with a Harley that a warranty was transferred into my name for 7 years; I only had to pay $50 for the name change. (oddly, I never was able to use the warranty to cover any repair that was required) That is actually a positive as repair items encountered were service related or cosmetic.

But in my case for brand new RV they wanted $7,500 for 5 years . I didn't try to negotiate just said no knowing that had I paid that much, I could give myself $1,500 per year. After 1st full year, I had no warranty items that the ESP warranty would have covered. I did have a few cosmetic things that a Dealer took care of under Mfgs warranty, (i.e replace external stainless steel grill that was bent etc.) I am now on year 2 with no warranty (Mfg or ESP) at all; but up $3,000 should anything occur. Later this year if nothing happens that the ESP warranty would have covered; I will go up $4,500

I am actually using some of the money to pay for some of my mods as I have. i.e. I purchased AGS, Wifi Extender, EMS, Macerator pump, 2 Cabin Alpine speakers, 40" Samsung TV & Vizio Soundbar for under the $1,500 of my 1st year warranty repair allocation reserve. Next year I will use up another $1,500 if I don't have a repair that would have been warranty covered.

Note: With the exception of the AGS, I installed all of the other items above myself; so that is factor on why it is less than $1,500 in total.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum