Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 05:40 PM   #30
Jimbo56

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
AGM and flooded batteries use the same chemistry, so the number of cycles and depth of discharge are the same. Since AGM batteries have absorptive glass mats between the plates there is less room for lead in the battery case, resulting in a slightly lower amp-h capacity for a given battery case size. The major advantages of AGMs over flooded are any position mounting, no watering and low self-discharge. You may read many other claimed advantages of AGMs but careful reading of the Trojan and Lifeline specifications show little differences in the capabilities of AGM and flooded batteries.

Lithium-iron-phosphate batteries (LFP) are in every way superior to all other batteries for RV use remembering they should not be charged when they are below freezing. This should not be a problem for most. LFP batteries do require a different charging profile (usually a new charger and BIM).
Will I need to change my charger/converter to charge LFP? Also, if I have LFP should I not leave it plugged in to my house if it’s below freezing?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum