Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Florida?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 02:23 PM   #7
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I'm in FL and while I have not been through any state parks campgrounds in general are busy. Normally it is impossible to get a spot this time of year but with no Canadians coming down, you can find spots.... even with all the COVID-inspired newbies.

I will say that I am worried newbies are going to give us a bad name and make boondoing harder for those who use it but respect the process.

In my community (gated mind you but it is open to the public) down here, there is also Westin resort hotel. It has a fairly large parking area and I have seen several motorhomes parking there the past several weeks and from what I have heard in some cases people are just setting up shop and having to be chased.

I don't abuse boondocking priveledges and we will use a Cracker Barrel occassionally on longer trips where we just want a nights sleep and a good meal in the morning. We also always call ahead and verify it is ok to stay overnight in their parking lot. We always spend money on foood and in their stores. During COVID they have been happy to have our business. But I'm afraid a lot of newbies who don't understand boondocking at certain businesses is going to make it harder in the future for people that either don't know the process or abuse it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.