Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 05:06 PM   #3
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
So most of the the time I can cruise in our 29m at 65 - 70 mph with zero problems. I have a roadmaster stabilizer installed. However, sometimes when the wind is high, I can barely keep 60mph without it feeling like I will get blown off the road. Is this a problem for all coaches or is it just the f53 18000lb chassis? Reason I ask is I have had a few other coaches pass me in this crazy wind. Any tips and tricks that you can share?
Same chassis on same factory, but longer coach (more rear overhang). The only chassis mods are Sumo Maxum springs (front and rear) and SuperSteer rear track bar. I did have the front axle shimmed to 6 degrees of caster, as I have found that to be ideal in my Corvairs which are also rear weight biased with long rear overhang. I do show down in heavy, gusty, thunder storms but only because of limited visibility and fear of hydroplaning. 45 mph gusty winds of West Texas do not cause any problems at my 60 mph cruise speed. I do travel at close to my max weight at 6,100 lbs front, 11,700 lbs on the rear.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum