Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: What to do now?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 01:17 AM   #1
richbam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Florida
THOR #6899
What to do now?

OK I am going to keep this short and not so sweet, but need some advice. We bought a brand new Four Winds 31W in 2017 from Lazy Days. Just a year after the warranty expired we noticed we had a problem with a water leak coming in from the slide. I checked out the seals and couldn't find any problem, but just to be sure I had a couple of local mobile service people come in and double check for me. They couldn't find any major problem either but nevertheless put sealant around any possible ingress points. Then after leaving the coach in our storage compound for about 6 months due to COVID we found the floor to be in a total mess with water damage and smelling badly of mold (the slide was in all this time). So then we decided to take it back to the dealer to get their opinion. They told me they had to take out the slide, after which I got an estimate for $7000 to replace the slide floor because it had rotted. Now they tell me that the sub-floor of the coach itself needs work and it is going to cost me a whole lot more! So what do I do now? I'm already obligated to pay them for the replacement of the slide floor, but I can't afford to spend any more money after that. Should I just trade it in as is and cut my losses or what? One thing is for sure - I will never buy a piece of C**p from Thor anymore. This was supposed to be our retirement present to one another - now it has turned into a nightmare.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum