Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: What to do now?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 02:49 PM   #11
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Thor and 90% of the other manufcaturers all have quality issues and we (the consumer) let them off too easy at times. When you spend a fair amount of money on something you have an expectation that it should work properly and last more than a couple years with major failures. It is ok to be mad even if others say its not when there are issues.

But it is also our responsility to regularly inspect our coaches, stay on top of issues, and work with the manufacturer and dealer / repair shopts until things are fixed properly and to our satisfaction.

Now with that being said lets get down to business......

I'm not sure why you are obligated to pay to have the dealer fix the slide. Have they already removed it and begun repairs?

If you can only pay the dealer for whatever time they have invested I would consider doing that and not let them repair it.

Next, I would write a very nice e-mail to Thor and explain what has happened. They may provide assistance..... and they may not. Be that as it may... I would ask to get an appointment with the Thor Factory Service Center in Wakarusa, IN.

They will do out-of-warranty work and their labor rates are less than a dealer. More important is they only work on Thor products and know the weaknesses, failure points and how to fix issues properly that are chronic in nature. They have more experience working on Thor products than any dealer, mobile tech or generic repair shop. They also have direct access to all the parts they need and the ability to fabricate parts as needed.

I know it is a drive from Floriday but I have used them twice and I will go back to them for any major repair that I can't handle myself. The technicians there are very knowledgeable andunderstanding. Their primary goal is to make the customer happy and satisfied with their Thor product.

If you don't want to travel to Indiana, then I would contact a third party repair and rennovation service closer to home before I would let most dealers do the work. Again, these are guys who work on RV's all day long and they fix or restore RV's for a living. Dealers have guys rotate through their service departments because of high turnove rates and their techs aren't going to have the exprerience to do the work propery. Not to mention they can never be an expert on one brand when they work on numerous brands typically and don't see enough of one brand to know it inside and out....... in my opinion.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum