Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 06:36 PM   #30
Porthole

Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJack View Post
I have the same brake drag issue as you described on my 2019 DRV MS 38RSSA.
Do you have 9K axles?

Quote:
On initial visit all brake parts were replaced on all wheels. Did this correct the brake drag at least initially?
Caliper brackets, rotors, calipers, pads, bearings and seals, don't know if the caliper retaining clips were replaced. Solved, yes initially but by the time we got to Alabama for our winter stop one wheel was acting up.

Quote:
Later you had one wheel that was dragging (I take it the other 3 were not dragging) and this is when Dexter replaced all caliper clips. Did this correct the brake drag problem on all wheels?
Replaced left front, all parts and all four flex hoses at MOR/ryde (June)
Replaced all four sets of spring clips at Dexter's facility in Elkhart (August) Dexter also authorized MOR/ryde to supply me with a spare rotor and pads.

Quote:
You then had a nasty problem on the road with brake hose, cracked bleeder screw bushing, and a bent rear clip, and again bent the clip after 1300 miles. Are the other three wheels okay – no bent clips and no brake drag?
Other 3 wheels ok? Yes although I did not pull the wheels and look.
And the corner that had the failed hose, cracked bleeded and bent clip is the right front.

The second occurance of the caliper bending the clip, coming off the bracket is also the right front.

Quote:
I’ve sent an email to Kodiak asking them how we fix my the brake drag problem. I’ll keep you posted.
Recent conversations with Kodiak is they are still not sure. They have gone from a tempering issue with the sliding area on the bracket to a tempering issue of the calipers.

Latest conversation is they think they have the problem solved and are doing some several month testings with several over the road LD trucks pulling trailers with 2 or 3 10K-12K axles and running 8,000-10,000 miles a month.

Kodiak also told me they know of only four DRV's with this issue, I know two of them.

Thor's new 'catch all' employee in a conversation we had was concerned a vendor has brake issues and has not relayed that info to DRV. Although DRV was obviously aware of the issue since it is on a repair order and the first repair was at Howe.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.