Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 09:32 PM   #19
AJMike

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Regency Ultra Brougham IB
State: Arizona
THOR #13468
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Youre right, the price swing is incredible.

The $85.5k new 24.1 axis was advertised right next to a $121k New 24.1 axis. I didnt look for the sister VEGAS model.
There were two under $90k nationwide. Not many of them, but they only come in two colors and only one(?) available option.
I am not absolutely certain but I believe the price of a new 2018 Vegas 24.1 2 years ago when we were looking was $79,9995 or something very close to that. Perhaps another $1000, so $85.500 is not bad. On the other hand $121,000 seems a bit over the top.

Quote:
We had someone on this forum last spring who wouldnt drive 150miles to get their rv at a $5,000 savings.
Offer me a $5,000 savings and I will drive more than just 150 miles, but then again I love going pretty much anyplace in an RV. My wife saw a cat she liked online, but it was about 1,000 miles away and I just told her we should get in the RV and get it. Any excuse to get on the road and out of the house.

I think there are some who are concerned about not getting warranty service if they don't buy locally, but I don't worry about that anymore. We did buy locally and we still can't get local dealer service within any reasonable timeframe. The rear view camera in our RV stopped working and the local dealer told us there was a 3 month wait to get in line, then another 2-3 week wait for the RV to get worked on, then another 2-4 week wait get get parts and get it fixed. So I took it to one of the local 3rd party shops. It still took 2 months to get into the shop, but then they addressed the issue and it is now fixed.

Part of the problem here is that the Phoenix area is a very big snow-bird area and during the Winter the place is overrun with RVs, but even in the summer there is generally a 2 month wait to get into the dealer, so I just decided that I would use a 3rd party shop and an extended warranty.

Quote:
A friend has a class c for sale here in our area.
Well under 10,000 miles a 2019 or 2020.
He hasn't had a single call at LARGE percentage of savings to the buyer of no sales tax(10%) and 20% below the dealer discounted price.
If I buy a another RV I would definitely look at individual sales, but I would also make sure I got an extended warranty because you never know what issues might be hidden. The same is true for an RV you buy from a dealer, but then there generally is some warranty involved, even if only for 30 days or so, and there is someplace to take action against if there are real problems. The same may not be true for an RV bought from an individual. But then again that is the reason for the lower price.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum