Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 05:17 AM   #17
CTRvs666

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakakes68 View Post
Hi there we have a 2018 Thor Windsport 29m and just purchased a 2021 Jeep Cherokee with 4x4 and Active DriveII the Jeep dealership says they can do the install of the whole towing system, everything included for just under $5000 - that seems high to me - right? This is our first time doing this and this is our first RV so not sure who to go to to get the towing equipment installed. We live in Phoenix,AZ. Would appreciate any suggestions .... thank you!
Sounds high to me. The Flat tow kit for that on etrailer is $450.00. Wiring about $150. The brake buddy etc.. about $1200.00. A Flat Tow bar, Blue Ox, Roadmaster, about $1200. So if you got all of that ready to tow, you would be about the $4,000 price range if you paid about $1,000 for labor. But if it is only to setup flat tow on the Cherokee it is way too much. I am new to flat towing as of August 2020. This forum was very helpful other than giving me crap for asking why do I need a supplement brake. I had to ask.

Anyway, I started looking for all the bits and pieces on the used market and found an all terrain roadmaster tow bar, for $500.00. A brake Buddy for $500, and then bought and installed (self install) the flat tow kit for my Grand Cherokee $600. There are a lot of people that sell their MH and sell the two stuff. So look around and maybe only have to pay for the installation of the Cherokee side of the tow package.

Good Luck

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.