Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 11:54 AM   #9
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops R View Post
As said not very long after we bought this 2015 Thor Challenger (as for getting replacement parts) and the promise we could order any replacement parts needed, we were informed by Thor they no longer carried the exact cabinet stain color so had no cabinet or molding parts to match our interior. The reality fact that everything is screwed in from behind as they build it out side the MH then install it makes getting access as needed a major chore and then with no exact matching molding or anything with the cabinet interior available for replacement. So we end up with a white elephant now it seems with a Convection Microwave that no longer performs as a convection oven just a Microwave
Thanks again for all the great insights with the Microwave, I do appreciate it.

These are "standard" residential appliances so that is actually a good thing. Thor could not 'screw' the back of the microwave / oven to the slide wall without damaging the unit.

I would bet the house that it is being held up to the slide wall with this bracket. The bracket will be screwed into the slide wall but not the unit itself.

I know for a vertainty that there are false bottoms in these cabinets because wiring for lights, etc. run through them. I still say take out all of the Direct TV stuff and look at the bottom to see if there are any staples or nails holding it down. Now they could have glued it down..... that would suck but it wouldn't surprise me either. If you had to damage the fale bottom to get it out, at least it would be in an area with little visibiity. Once you got acces to the two screws and replaced the oven, you could repair the bottom and put the DirecTV stuff back in to cover it all.
Attached Images

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum