Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 03:32 PM   #11
RipVanWinkle

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Texas
THOR #1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
As measured by a voltmeter? Or by the Inverter display? I assumed the latter when I wrote my response. I am assuming the former with your response here.

Was this a factory installed inverter or after market install?

In any case, there SHOULD be either a DC breaker, an inline BIG fuse, or a fusible link at the battery end of the positive cable going to the inverter.

All bets are off if it was an after market install; in that case it may not even be wired directly to the battery bank.
As measured with a voltmeter at the terminals of the inverter(located under bed) ...no display existinf on inverter xm1000 and remote display xm1800 has nothing ( which makes sense as its getting power from inverter)

Its the factory installed one...just noticed it not working when doing my monthly maint and tests..

I agree there should be a a big inline fuse but the ones in the battery compartment are fine... under the bed , the lines go from inverter terminals into a poorly foamed out hole under the coach
I wonder if the line going to from battery to inverter is dedicated (cause everything else 12 V works) ...

I am gonna climb under the burr infested rv and see if i can trace the line and maybe get a diagram from thor.

I am also debating if i just run a new line with new inline fuse....but i guess i have to get that info from thor unless someone had a similar issue.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.