Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 11:48 PM   #4
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Catalytic Converter Theft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingKen2 View Post
The catalytic converter on our Hurricane 29M was stolen last week along with the cats from every other motorhome in our storage facility. It's a $2800 repair job, with a current 3 week lead time for the $2000 converter. I plan to install a CatClamp converter lock when I get the motorhome back. Here in Central Ohio, thieves are hitting all of the storage lots. They can cut the converter out in less than two minutes, even in a Walmart parking lot. The CatClamp may not be perfect, but will certainly be a hefty deterrent. This should be a standard option for every owner.

Pretty good insurance for under $200.

Welcome to the club! Mine was stolen in November and they are still on back order from Ford (at least the one for my 2019 chassis). Latest estimated availability was Feb 8 but it’s been pushed back twice since I got in line. I was lucky to find one in stock locally just last week. Ford price is about $1700 plus another $50 for the oxygen sensor. It is a simple two bolt installation because it comes with several feet of pipe attached and includes the hangers. I looked at the Catclamp but I don’t see any way to keep it from rattling. I’m going to use a Catstrap with the optional undercarriage motion activated alarm. My insurance guy said he has a dozen claims pending and the police department said they had about 2 dozen cases in the few weeks prior to mine being stolen. RVs and pickup trucks being the most often pinched. We lost 6 from our storage lot when mine was hit. I’ve moved to a more secure lot now and hope it helps. Good luck!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum