Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 02:09 AM   #23
kprun

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Ohio
THOR #4541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mciampa99 View Post
Thank you all. I booked the KOA Yellowstone West Gate just because I wanted to have someplace reserved. I am looking for other alternatives.

I would rather not tie myself to certain dates beyond the Yellowstone stay. Is there as much urgency to book for the Grand Canyon as Yellowstone, or are there enough campgrounds within an hours drive to be able to wing it?

Still have not decided if we are going to go through Colorado or Utah on the trip south so not sure where we plan on staying in between or how long.

I just know I have the time, my oldest will be heading to college in a year and this may be our last great vacation shot as a family of 4. Our trip to Sturgis was by far our best family vacation and we have taken many to all the family "must sees" on the East Coast.
We stayed at the Yellowstone Inn and RV Park outside of the East Entrance of the park. It's about a 30 (depending on traffic) minute drive to get to the East Gate. Spent 5 nights there. The reviews for Yellowstone RV park are mixed but we really enjoyed it. We met some great people and the restaurant on site was great. Have to try the ribs with huckelberry bbq sauce. We went in late August so it wasn't very busy. We rented a car at the Cody Airport. Picked it up on our way through town. You stated that you booked the KOA near the west gate which means you'll have to drive your RV through the park. I personally wouldn't feel great about doing that but I'm sure lots of folks have.
Have a great trip. Yellowstone is amazing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum