Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 06:24 PM   #12
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by twovillagers View Post
I purchased a leftover 2019 in October, 2019. In my own experience, the few defects I found were cosmetic. The factory wall covering was laminated to the wall over some coarse grit in one spot. The linoleum had an orange stain under the driver's seat. Finally, I would suggest inspecting it closely for nicks and scratches. Also open up all of the normally closed areas and have them clean up the sawdust, leftover screws, etc.
As others have mentioned, the USB outlet in the bedroom was not connected. The wires were all there-just not connected.
I suggest checking all of the cabinet doors for alignment as well as loose hinges. The anchors used in the hinges are woefully inadequate. Ditto for the toilet paper holder.
Check the stainless steel sinks for any tiny rust spots. I removed them with Barkeeper's Friend and it has been fine since.
My highest early priorities would be to replace the steering dampener or install a steering stabilizer. Add sound proofing to the engine cowling, floor, and front basement compartments. I replaced the jacknife sofa with recliners-it is very uncomfortable. I added a TPMS system.
The Axis/Vegas is a great RV for the money. You will be happy. Just don't expect perfection and plan on spending a few thousand dollars on various mod's.
It's great you are an engineer. I found it easier to just repair things myself rather to rely on a dealer with long lead times for repair!
The 24.1 made me learn many new things and adapt HUNDREDS of known things to rv particulars.

I wholly understand folks like me and you.
Those totally blind and totally refusing to learn or apply some slightly modified current knowledge...I don't understand.

There's a poster on a forum who says they've been a carpenter for 20 years(I changed his(maybe)occupation to protect) but is waiting two months for the dealer to adjust a piece of interior trim.
He'll NEVER be happy with that rv. He can't be. His participation is too low in this rv, high participation, life.

My polaris sportsman made me mad with no start due to cold, so yesterday I added remote battery terminals for an easy jump at zero degrees f.
No one told me how, I had seen the terminals and even had a set awaiting rv install, but I hadn't seen them on a quad. I just did it. Now I don't have to unload the front rack, remove the rack, mess with the tiny connections, then put it back together again.
Secondarily, I can now jump start other vehicles easily with the quad and even easily start a fire if necessity dictates.
(The remote terminals were bought for the 24.1 due to their battery placement and me not wanting to Jack with such a thing in the rain and cold and discontent if i needed jumped. Thinking people think, and I have thought to move the battery instead. Projects change midstream...I know you can jump the chassis through the house battery. I'm all about redundancy as a rule, so an alternative jump point is needed.)

I think if people didn't consider their rolling press-board house as a rolls royce purchase, did a bit for themselves instead of insisting warranty do it, we'd have 75% less
I hate Thor
Posts.

Make yourself happy.
The quoted poster does.
I do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0114211529.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	28060  

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.