Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: What to do now?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 09:17 PM   #24
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
Keep in mind with a water leak the problem can be anywhere along the roof line. What seems like a slide seal leak could be an cap to roof seal failure that you can't see unless you're on your hands and knees. Unfortunately for the OP both mobile techs did know that there are alternatives to just adding addition sealant in the area that the leak might be and hoping the problem is now corrected. A bit like throwing darts blindfolded and the cost of missing the dart board can be painful.

Next time find a service center that has a Sealtech leak tester. I have seven near by including a mobile tester that will do a test for about $150 last time I checked a few years ago. Haven't had a need as yet but something I keep at the ready if the day ever comes.

https://rvleaks.com/
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sealtech

The unfortunate part of this thread is the OP could have bought a Sealtech blower for 1/2 the cost of the repairs.

For anyone who stores their coach off site you need to check on it at least every month. Between leaks, thieves, urban outdoor people, animals and the dozen other potential problems that left unchecked will quickly destroy any rig be it a pop up or a 45' custom conversion.
OP may have his hands full and not able to get back, because a lot of the advise is too late for him, but I will say this is very good information

I had no idea about this technology, I almost broke my monitor trying to get the CW guy to quit talking and show how the machine works

What I have learned is that the 2 repair companies for OP could not have known what they were doing if they were simply looking for an obvious visual leak. Poor, little, innocent, Thor Motor Coach corporation is once again getting bashed To me this is the type of stuff you spend your money on versus relying on $5k - $7k extended warranty to fix stuff that was not properly maintained.

I will ask my dealer about this technology, or if they do something similar.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.