Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 02:41 AM   #18
knucklehead

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-RV View Post
Looking at Windsport 29M and 31C: what are their cargo carry capacities?

31C has washer/dryer prep and walk-in closet. The walk-in-closet looks nice, but lose a lot of storage wardrobe. Is there a way to change it for maximum storage (keep washer/dryer, and remove walk-in) like other floorplans?

Any differences between Hurricane and Windsport?

Some (or many) people recommend staying away from Thor? What is it all about? Know that all RVs have issues.
Don't listen to folks that bash Thor RV's. They are just like the rest, some give you a little trouble, some make you want to quit RVing altogether!!

We have had two Thor coaches. A 2017 Axis 25.2 and found out in 9 months it was way too small and traded for a 2018 Windsport 29m. WE LOVE IT!!! It has had issues but nothing that couldn't get fixed. Many things were my fault and self inflicted??? I have done many up-grades like Sumo springs in the front and a Roadmaster anti-sway bar in the back along with new Bilstein shocks all around. Too many mods to list but for your question, you'd need to talk with the dealer to see what you can do. I'd look at other floor plans that may suit you better. As far as a washer and dryer, I got a Giantex Easy Lite machine when we planned out month long trip from NC to California and back. 7750 miles and not one problem!!! I strap it to the back of the dinette seat in the stair way to keep it stable when we travel with it and got a Panda Dryer I think and took out the fridge in the outdoor kitchen cause we never use it and I tote it there. It's not a real fast dryer but we don't mind using dryers at parks. It's good for t-shirts, socks and undies. The washer does a better job than our $400 Maytag in the house and it can wash a lot more that I ever thought it could. We leave it hooked up in our second bath and wash with it regulary. Good luck with your search. You can't beat the Windsport or the Hurricane. They are the same, just different graphics I believe. Bob Trice

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum