Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 07:54 PM   #18
MaceMan

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Texas
THOR #10883
Wind, crosswind

ACE 30.3 I drove at 65 trying to be conservative and easier on the toad and the MH for the first two years. On hi ways with significant cross wind at 65 every 18 wheeler just blows by so then you get the full front pressure wave and the cross wind. It was a little dicy at times and tiring. I added roadmaster steering stabilizer and it helps a lot! I drive at 70 or just a little faster now depending on conditions. Not as many trucks pass and the speed difference is less so it's less violent. That being said US 287 between Ft Worth and Amarillo is awful. A lot of it is rough and the wind is always blowing, always cross wind. When we stopped at the rest area at Quannah the wind was so high it almost tore the door off when we opened it. ( I have made this trip 50 times or more and it's always like that or worse) still driving next to a k rail and a big rig in wind is a large pucker factor.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum