Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 08:15 PM   #14
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTig View Post
I’m a little nervous to use my motor-driven awning (no wind sensor). When it’s fully extended, it frequently hesitates and stops when I first try to retract it. I have to rock it back and forth (extend/retract) a few times to get it to fully retract. I’m afraid it’s going to eventually get stuck in the extended position. Anybody else have this problem?

Depending on the brand there might be a manual retract feature and, as with slides, the time to figure out how to do it is on a nice day when you’ve got time. You’ll be glad you did when something fails on a rainy day when you need to be somewhere else. On my Freedom Elite the awning had real difficulty retracting on its own. Never actually failed but I worried about it. I found that it helped a lot to do it with shore power connected or the engine running. The little bit of extra voltage on the 12V system made the difference.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.