Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 02:08 AM   #38
Harmsy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #20539
We’re in southern AZ after a good relatively trouble-free journey…the sunny climes have been wonderful to relax in during the day it has been very cold at night as Ducksface predicted…our previous experience of staying out on cold nights came in handy…it got down to mid twenty’s at night…
Being in a Covid free environment is good…as good as being home…but these Arizonans are pushing the envelope with sooo many not wearing masks…

Thanks to all the correspondents for your support…here’s an update…
1) Judge, the solar panel fuse has not been found as yet…I have done some logical searching and even asked THOR where they put the damn thing…they can’t tell me…I found the orange wire getting close to the house batteries but it does not appear at the batteries…last sighting was in the forward most passenger storage box…have yet to get into the harness shielding to expose even more wiring…btw, the strapping of ‘excess’ wiring (for longer coaches I guess) under the MH behind the battery box was terrible…cable ties just broke off in my hand…I am only doing a few days of dry camping so it’s not the most urgent issue…
2) Btw, how do you guys all maintain the chassis battery while you are stationary for a week or month?
3) The water pump switch needs a v2.15 update by Firefly, them saying “assuming that this is not the original water pump. It appears as though the G8 is amping out before the water pump turns itself off when reaching full pressure. The output current was raised in v2.2 for this reason. Because several pumps were change to aftermarket/larger pumps, the output current was raised again in v2.15..."
I have no idea whether the water pump has been replaced with an aftermarket…I’ll let my dealer sought that out when I get home in March…the cost of the software update is $75 or a new panel with the software in it at $827!
4) The Tankless water heater worked well until we got to Southern California…it sprang a pin hole leak in the copper…I can see it and hear it…local repairer say that it’s a faulty sweat joint and will only replace it and not repair it…I am now in their hands to get the part and replace it quickly and process it thru my ESP with FESC…fingers crossed that this works out…
5) I had a new awning fitted because the LED lighting was out…it was quiet but now it yelps when being closed…any tips for lubing its joints and swivels?...WD40 helped for the short term but it doesn’t last…
All for now, best for 2021!.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.