Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 03:28 PM   #57
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by witthuus View Post
After a few days on the road, I can extend the slide just fine. A day or two later, I keep getting the same error code ( 2 green flashes, 8 red flashes ) and slide is not moving in. If I reset the controller, slide moves in just fine. Remember: I switched cables on the controller ( Motor 1 to Motor 2 and Motor 2 to Motor 1 ). As I still get the same error code as in the beginning ( 2 green flashes ) I would guess the controller is the issue, not the motor. Should I order a new controller and see if that solves the problem ? What would you do ?
Thank you
The controller does not distinguish between the Hall effect power and sense wires of the different motors. All it knows is there are not the pulses coming into the controller or power is not getting to the sensors. The Hall effect sensor is separate from the motor but on the same shaft. It uses a coil and a tone ring to generate amperage pulses. The controller uses a comparison of these signals to lower the voltage on the motor that is rotating too fast. You can reset the controller several ways; one way is to remove power from the controller or press the extend or retract twice in rapid succession. Anytime your slide stops unintentionally, you can put the controller into the emergency override mode to move the slide unless a motor not working. The problem is emergency override inactivates all the controllers safety features and its use can damage the slide and the motors.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum