Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 04:08 PM   #1
ODHill

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 30D
State: Washington
THOR #21409
Rear Camera Mounting

My Class C (2018 Thor Four Winds 30D) was a rental spec. built for Road Bear rentals and they didn't spec it for a rear observation/backup camera and it's not pre-wired so I'm about to install one. I'm going with a wired one and have my cable routing and monitor mounting figured out so am about to start the project but I want to be sure on the rear camera before I start drilling. In my research I read a comment about where to mount the rear camera in relation to the clearance lights. If I remember right it said to mount the camera below the clearance lights so the lights don't wash out the picture at night, but I can't find the thread where that was discussed. I have the curved ceiling to back wall transition interior strip removed and have plenty of room for the cable and they left about a 2 inch gap at the top center of the aluminum frame of the back wall, which I'd bet is camera wiring related, so no problem mounting to the back wall below the clearance lights and being able to run the cable up to where the other wires run.

Where does the factory mount their camera in relation to the clearance lights? Any other recommendations?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum