Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 01:48 AM   #1
Cozy Cone

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane
State: Michigan
THOR #21795
Plugging 50 amp MH into 30 amp 240v socket

Hello, I have a 2011 Thor Hurricane class A motorhome. It has the large shore power cable with a 4-prong plug. I understand this is a 50 amp plug but does that mean the coach runs on a 240 volt power system? I have a 3-prong 30 amp, 240 volt plug socket in my garage that is used for a compressor or welder. Would it be safe to plug the coach into this socket using the 4-prong female to 3-prong male "dogbone" adapter? We don't really need to run much inside the coach over winter except maybe some occasional lights and occasional furnace. The main concern would be keeping the batteries charged. Any advice or help on this would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to risk damaging anything by using this plug socket. Thanks in advance for your help!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.