Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 02:47 AM   #10
CTRvs666

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Are you plugged into shore power by any chance? If not try plugging into shore power or running the generator.

Shortly after I purchased my 2020 Magnitude SV34 I had a similar issue when boondocking. After extensive troubleshooting after having the slide not extending plus crazy voltage readings on the FireFly paenel, I determined the BIM160 (Battery Isolation Manager) was not wired correctly. As a result, the house batteries were not being charged by the alternator properly and the voltage wasn't being reported properly when the engine was running so the slide was thinking the house battery voltage was too low and the slide motors would not kick on.

If I was on shore power or running the generator, the slide would work just fine. If you don't have AC power, try that and if the slide starts working I can tell you what to look for with then BIM160.
Mine did the same thing. I had to wait for the voltage to come up with the engine on and the e-brake on. I also had it happen one time when I didn't have the ebrake down far enough.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum