Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 02:49 AM   #7
ador

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
Our rig now have approx. 3,250 miles. I have driven it 3x (about 1,800 miles, short trips). I inflate my tires 82 PSI all around. Drives straight on straight and flat road. Only issues I have are "off centered" steering wheel and that "sway" each time big trucks passes by. The same for strong gust of winds. I have decided on FRONT Sumo Springs and Roadmaster Steering stabilizer first. I am hoping that will help with the "sway" issue. The off centered steering wheel, I know that can be corrected WHEN I do the wheel alignment.

Now.... when I called to make my wheel alignment appointment at a reputable wheel alignment shop near my place (they did a great job on our previous Class C), the Shop Manager told me to have the Sumo Springs and Steering Stabilizer installed FIRST, before he do my alignment.

That is the reason why I purchased the 2 parts mentioned in my post and the reason why I tried to install them first.

I guess i will wait for Etrailer tech to call me back to find out if BOTH Sumo Springs and Roadmaster have a NEW VERSION for the 2021 F53.

Question for the members here: How about the Removal of the OEM Bump Stop and Installation on the TOP Sumo Spring issue (accessibility). If I remove the bolt from the OEM Bump Stop? How do I re-install and re-tighten the Bolt and Nut to install the Top Sumo Spring (in the scenario that the fitment issue of the BOTTOM part is resolved)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
Put some miles on your tires after alignment and see if things get better

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.