Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 12:47 PM   #12
Gmthrust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Alaska
THOR #18758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
If you get a chance, could you start it from inside the coach and watch the dash? If the dash lights up during the delay, then it might be allowing for the glow plugs to warm before cranking when needed.

I'm down in Cape Coral, FL and we have had mornings cooll enough where the glowplug light comes on in my GMC Coplorado diesel. We do a fair amount of cool waether camping but since this plugs into the OBD port, it should be reading the ECM an have the intelligents to wait if needed.

I was curious about that when I got it. I do watch the dash and nothing comes on until the engine starts. I will see if I can hear the glow plugs come on next time. It will be a while as I don't have it hear for at least another week-getting batteries and new inverters put in.

One other thing I discovered with this is that the alarm will trigger if you don't press the unlock button after it starts.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum