Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 05:43 PM   #11
CTRvs666

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Not sure what the issue is with a magnet, never seen a fuel nozzle that wasn't aluminum so not magnetic.
My GMC truck the DEF fill was under the hood next to the firewall, very unhandy, & regardless whether pumping or pouring it had to be very slowly or it would burp back, which a magnet wouldn't have helped.
Since the def and fuel are side by side on most pickups, there was a risk of putting bulk def in the fuel, and there was a safety measure added to prevent it. Since fillers on pickups and cars are plastic, in the absence of metal, the def won't flow and thus you won't put it down the fuel tank.

Many bulk def fueling sites have moved away from that but many still have the magnetic safety nozzle. I purchased a sleeve that fakes out the magnet and allows the fuel to flow. I would use the jugs but it is inside a cargo door and hard to reach and tip the jug where it is at. The bulk fill station is so much easier and quite a bit cheaper than the jugs.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.