Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 03:18 PM   #7
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
A trac bar controls axle shift tendencies. In the case of the E series chassis only the rear needs a trac bar. Axle shift or tail wag characteristics are amplified when towing. Adding one made a huge difference in driving my Axis. I've stopped dreaming about other handling fixes. Note: I also got an alignment with increased castor (new adjustment sleeves).

A while back a friend asked me what he should do to reduce how much his RV swayed. He said he got it aligned but it was scary to drive in the wind and required constant correction. I drove his rig and felt tail wag, not sway. Anyway, he put a trac bar on as a first fix based on my then recent experience with installing one for similar handling characteristics. The other day we talked and he thanked me for saving him from the long list of handling fixes recommended by CW. Though... he still referred to it as fixing sway ... LoL ... oh well.

My previous motorhomes came with Trac Bars and so did my jeeps. So, I was surprised that my new RV didn't have one.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum