Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 04:16 PM   #9
Campnjoe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
I think 110,000 miles across this country, Alaska, and Canada, all while towing, paints a perfect picture - don't believe the 'misconceptions' that hp has any big deal when it comes to these compact diesels, as they don't also weigh near as much as the bigger units - 12+ mpg doesn't hurt, either... try that with the bigger units, or a gasser.

believe me, I've TRANSPORTED myself big rigs of ALL sizes and makes, whether Thor, Newmar, Fleetwood, or Forest River - these compact diesels are the ONLY ones with anything CLOSE to that kind of mpg average... whether diesel OR gas. I've also made it UP every single mountain pass I've ever encountered - including the Independence Pass in Colorado, the Colorado National Monument, the Rockies, the beach cliffs along the Big One in California, and the mountains of western North Carolina and east Tennessee.
Thanks for that input. How has the build quality been? Any major issues?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum