Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 03:09 PM   #7
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFluffer View Post
I toured the Ekko at Tampa and want one when the kids fly the coop. It is very well done
Yeah, it’s the closest thing I’ve seen to what I’ve been looking for — a “little” more space than a van but still small enough to park most places. Of major manufacturers, Winnebago seems to be the most willing to try new compact RV designs.

If you don’t mind me asking a few questions.

Did they have both floorplans, or just the shorter one?

Did the semi-dry bathroom look well built and durable? And is it large enough? Concept of moveable wall to create separate shower seems very functional, but also adds complexity, and may just be something else to go wrong? Did it seem like it would hold up under repeated use?

Pictures of prototype show thick cushions on front seats to elevate to same height as dual dinette seat. Cushions may be comfortable, but on surface their use seems so wrong that I wanted to experience it in person. What did you think?

Picture also shows parking brake lever between seats. I’m not sure if that will remain with 2021 MY Transit. When front seats are facing forward for driving, was it difficult to get up and move to back of coach? You may have not gotten chance to try it at show.

Was the forward-facing 2-person seat comfortable (wide enough) for two adults for long periods, as if watching TV?

TV seems high relative to seats, but was it useable from that close up, or are you looking up at too high an angle?

Any feedback or comments about these or other design issues is appreciated. The Ekko would offer more space than a large van, but requires compromises. It would be great to compare to Travato side by side. Thanks in advance.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum