Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 02:21 AM   #13
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borismkogan View Post
Couldn’t wait and went back to the coach and tried your suggestion. Opened all breakers and when I plug in the 110v gfi breaker on my storage space receptacle still trips.
Opening breakers doesn’t check for a grounded neutral. That’s the most common reason for your problem.

A lot of people think that opening all the circuits should prevent the problem, but it doesn’t. It took an experience electrical engineer to explain why this happens, and he was 100% correct.

First I’d check between neutral and ground at RV to confirm they are not connected in any way.

P.S. — When you opened all breakers, didn’t you kill power to all GFI in motorhome? If so, why did shore-power-source GFI trip? It shouldn’t have if that was issue. I’d confirm ground and neutral are not connected first. Just my 2 cents after going through this problem myself.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.