Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 04:12 AM   #17
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
After being right at my 2100 lb limit in my last coach I set a minimum OCCC target of 3500 lbs on my must have list. I’d sure be reluctant to buy a coach with the knowledge that I’d be overweight right out of the box. But that’s just me.
I too would be be very hesitant, but I've thought about this a bit.

I'm fairly sure but not totally sure that a small percentage of the total vehicle cost could be applied to making any suspension carry any amount you wanted to throw money at.

I know I have a radical attitude about the rv being just a kit and how we should finish it how WE like not how some wonk decided to do it to meet a price point.

I'm not sure an rv overweight+- when empty would worry me too much because I could change that limit to whatever I wanted.

I'd probably let the floor plan dictate because it has lots and lots of custom parts needed designed and executed.(floor plans are easy to change but I think suspension would be easier and already engineered)

What would worry me more is the dumbass designer who maxed it out and what other stupid half steps he might have taken.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.