Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Battery box
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 08:29 PM   #2
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Does anyone else wish their Hurricane batteries were under the steps like in a class c? Was doing the watering thing today and thought how much easier it was in my old class c. The batteries were right there, in a composite box that never corroded. It took 2 minutes to check and top off. In my Hurricane it takes over an hour as you have to take the batteries out, clean the corrosion, spray with boeshield, top off batteries, re-install them, spray boeshield over everything. It is a real pain in the ass. By the way, next time you do your batteries, check the screws that hold the front of the box to the exterior wall. One of mine had fallen out and the the others were loose. Luckily, I had a replacement screw from all the extras that Thor gives you.
No, I prefer to keep the spray cans and most used tools under the steps. As for the batteries. I just hook up the Flo-Rite pump and top the batteries off with out spilling or corrosion in the battery compartment. No need to take off the caps and look down in each cell.

Now for the chassis battery, when it failed, I replaced it with a Champion AGM from Pep Boys, $189.44 installed. It was a pain to check and fill even with my golf cart battery watering can.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum