Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Axis/Vegas 24.1
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 12:50 AM   #11
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
23T. That is the bedroom slide in the Winnebago Fuse. The RV has a dining room table with one bench seat (not two), a second short bench seat across the isle, a small kitchen, dry bath in the rear, bedroom slide in the rear and a fair amount of internal storage. It is a very nice RV, and aside from the sleeping issue when the slide is in it has been great. Not many issues in the time we have had it, great fuel economy with the diesel and the bedroom, which is the issue when the weather is bad, is really pretty comfortable when the weather is good.

My wife would prefer a B, but the new Bs don't have any external storage space and so we would have no place to put our chairs, the plastic containers for our dump hose, electric cord and extension, black water flush hose, normal water hose, leveling blocks and other stuff, so a B is no good for us.

When we were looking we almost bought the Winnebago Era, which is a twin bed model, but ended up not buying it for a couple of reasons. One is that there is no external storage and so no place for our stuff, and the other is that we did not like the placement of the bathroom in relation to the bedroom.

My personal opinion (but not my wife's) is that the 24.1 is the perfect floor plan for us. A nice large living area, a decent kitchen, a dry bath, and a bedding system that does not require that the slide be extended. My wife feels that it is too large and no matter what I tell her she is convinced that it is too high and too long. It is a bit longer than our C, and a bit higher, but neither by much.

On the other hand when we were RV shopping some years ago she sat in the living area of the 24.1 and just kept looking around commenting about how much room there was and how open it all felt. Then she walked out, looked at the roof and said she did not want to have to worry about the height of the trees when we were driving on secondary roads or in cities. But if we start looking again I am sure we will see some 24.1s (if there are any to be seen) and perhaps she can be convinced, so I wanted to know something about how dependable they were. We don't want it spending all of its time in the shop.

That is a nice floorplan, particularly in front. The living area is similar to many compact European motorhomes with forward-facing seats. The half-dinette side is similar to the brand new Ekko, except that without the side sofa it doesn’t convert to a bed (as far as I know).

Anyway, I’m curious if in your 23T the person sitting in passenger seat when rotated backwards has to sit on a cushion due to lower elevation? In video I saw what looked like a “booster” cushion on back of seat. I ask because I like the Ekko, but it has booster cushions for both driver and passenger seats when rotated. It’s one thing I don’t like about Transit Cutaway chassis — front seats rotated back end up too low.

For what it’s worth, I like the size of your 23T. At 24 feet it’s not only 18 inches shorter, but also 4” narrower and almost a foot lower than the Axis 24.1. Thor could easily build a shorter and narrower Axis of similar dimensions, but reducing height would be difficult without designing a new front cap.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.