Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Axis/Vegas 24.1
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 01:07 AM   #12
AJMike

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Regency Ultra Brougham IB
State: Arizona
THOR #13468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Anyway, I’m curious if in your 23T the person sitting in passenger seat when rotated backwards has to sit on a cushion due to lower elevation? In video I saw what looked like a “booster” cushion on back of seat. I ask because I like the Ekko, but it has booster cushions for both driver and passenger seats when rotated. It’s one thing I don’t like about Transit Cutaway chassis — front seats rotated back end up too low.
Yes. The RV came with the booster for the passenger seat. There is no booster for the driver seat because it does not rotate. And, in our RV, the passenger seat, although capable of rotating, also does not rotate because it just seems like too much trouble and there are only 2 of us, so the bench seat at the table is sufficient.

My wife thinks that the booster seat is just too hokey to use, and I guess I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
For what it’s worth, I like the size of your 23T. At 24 feet it’s not only 18 inches shorter, but also 4” narrower and almost a foot lower than the Axis 24.1. Thor could easily build a shorter and narrower Axis of similar dimensions, but reducing height would be difficult without designing a new front cap.
Personally I would prefer ours to be a bit longer. Not too much, but just another foot or two.

We were at the Quartzsite RV show last week and I browsed some of the Class As on display. There were no Cs on display at all, and all of the Class As except 2 were very large - 40 to 45 feet - and I looked at them and told myself that I would not want to be driving one of those. I suppose I could since I used to drive a truck for a living before I was able to go to college, but I just would not want to, and I can't see myself pulling into a boondocking location with a 45 foot $500,000 RV.

I told myself that I would not have one of those if they gave it to me free, but then decided that was silly. I could always sell it ...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum