Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 04:18 AM   #11
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by stags066 View Post

....cut....

(1) Yes, I have confirmed it is in fact 250 pounds. It's listed on the warning sticker right below the bed and I have confirmed this by speaking with Thor directly.

(2) Both Thor and the service center where I purchased the motorhome are unable to advise me on why it is so low and how to reinforce it.

.....cut....
If Thor knew how to reinforce it correctly, why wouldn’t they be doing it as a standard design revision? I doubt you’re the first to question this low weight rating.

The video droregon referred to does show 500 pound load limit. I would start by trying to determine if that rig was built before or after yours. If built before yours, it suggests that Thor may have experienced problems/failures and had to derate load capacity. If built after yours, it suggest Thor found a way to redesign for the higher 500-pound load capacity.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum