Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: New traveler
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 05:16 AM   #2
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Mike View Post
Hello all, I am new. I am 70 years old and I was living in Florida not where I'm from originally but I was done with Florida. So I sold my home and bought a 2015 Thor Majestic 23A which is a 25-footer based on Ford E350 V8. I am a full-timer and I am in Texas. So much to learn. I have no regrets. Could have done a better job research on the RV that I purchased from a private owner. Apparently this was a Cruise America rental. The person I bought it from did not give me details. And it seems hard to get information from either Cruise America or Thor.

Today my question is what is the best internet for a person living in an RV. Comcast wants an actual physical home address. Hughes Net is relatively expensive for person living on Social Security. I am a T-Mobile customer for my phone with data. However I still need internet access from an unlimited supplier. I like to watch movies and sports and news, excetera. Federal Parks do not offer internet and state parks don't offer great service. I noticed people have DirecTV satellite hookups. Everything costs a lot of money. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Michael McMahon
T-Mobile Metro Smart hotspot has a 50-50 plan (50 gb for $50). I use the T-mobile for cell service and it works most everywhere I camp. The problem with cell data TV is we time shift and record sometimes 5 channels simultaneously. Only Dish or DirecTV allow this. You can get a basic Dish service for less than $50 a month after you buy the equipment and you can activate just as you need the service. For Internet, I have an ATT ZTE mobley which has am unlimited plan (after 17gb it may be throttled if the network is constrained). Unfortunately that plan and device has not been available for some time. Usually the cell connection is good enough for one HD data stream and since my DirecTV HS-17 receiver is Internet capable we just set it to record the Internet and watch it later.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.