Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Axis/Vegas 24.1
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 03:27 PM   #15
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
I am surprised that there would be any Ekko models at any RV Show yet. I was under the impression that they would not be available to dealers, or even for show, until late March or April. I suspect that they are going to be very popular, given how much solar and how much battery power they come with, and I expect them to be very pricey.

RV prices have risen so much lately that I think we would have been locked out of the market had we not bought 2 years ago. The RVs I see for sale here in the Phoenix area are $20,000 higher than before, for pretty much the same RVs.
Mike, there was a picture of one posted on first day of Tampa Show.

Specs show standard is one large 315 Amp-hour lithium battery combined with 2,800-Watt Onan inverter generator. Or optional delete generator and end up with two 315 Ah batteries for 630 Ah total.

I would guess that one 315 Ah lithium battery adds less than $2,000 to total cost (since motorhomes have generator and lead batteries), which doesn’t come close to explaining MH cost. Second alternator, solar, AWD EcoBoost, dual-pane windows, etc. start to add up. Still, I’d bet a higher profit margin is built in.

You’re right about higher costs which apply for many things, not just RVs. My son was just mentioning he paid nearly twice as much for lumber and steel for a couple of projects he’s building at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7F18066F-AE71-4858-A4A2-57F87AEB1D0A.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	28271  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum