Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 01:45 AM   #1
CAW2018SiestaSS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #19397
Speed Sensor Fault

For all of you who drive RVs on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis, here is something you may not know.

Last week, my wife and I were driving to Silver Springs in Florida in our Thor Siesta. Pulling away from a traffic signal, the engine did two rapid surges. Then everything started dropping off line. Anti-lock brakes gone. ESP gone. Slipping tire icon. Cruise control gone. But the engine worked just fine.

I did some research online and everything seemed to point to a wheel speed sensor. This past Monday I took it into my Mercedes dealers, told him what happened and he shook his head and said "Speed Sensor".

Well, the other thing I'd seen online is that some dealers admit its covered under the emission control systems warranty, and others don't. I looked in my warranty booklet and yea, verily, front and rear wheel speed sensors are covered. I mentioned that to my service rep and he said "Yep, sure is. This won't cost you a dime."

Same day repair. All is well.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.