Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 02:08 AM   #17
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleflier View Post
In old days when cats were a new thing we had test pipes so exhaust could be tested for tuning. We of course used them to get around having one but had to change back when inspection came around. I wonder if that would work here. Remove convertor,install a temp pipe to drive to storage. You could start RV up to charge batteries etc. Before traveling or inspection re-install cat.

There’s an oxygen sensor in the converter so you’d have to find a way to fool the computer or live with the check engine light and some level of mixture variance. On my chassis the OE converter is part of an assembly of pipes that’s about 4 feet long. But taking it out and putting it back in would be pretty simple. Two bolts in front and a slip joint in the back. If it happens very many more times I’ll have to consider other solutions. I’ll also be willing to consider cheaper universal solutions if this becomes a recurring problem. As with most RV issues this one has been an interesting learning experience. I’m certainly glad it happened to me in winter instead of spring or summer!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum