Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 08:39 PM   #10
timp410

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #1478
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
Don't shy away from the Sprinter because of difficulty finding a service center. Look for larger truck service centers; maybe a Freightliner service shop. Some of the Airstream people even used Peterbuilt centers. Go to the Airstream Class B discussion group and ask a few questions. They are as friendly as the group here.

I do suggest you stay away from a Mercedes center because of the expense. There is little service to do and the ride, comfort and ability to hold it's value is so strong. The 22 mpg was nice too. And, it really was 22.

I sold my unit for the same price that I had purchased it for two years earlier and the person bought it because it was a Sprinter. Google Frieghtliner and Sprinter service and be prepared to sit with the 18 wheelers in the lounge for and hour while the oil is changed. I learned a lot from them too.

I put a lot of miles on my unit and miss it very much. I would trade back today.

If you have specific questions just send a private email.

Phil
Thank you very much for this information. I was aware of Freightliner as an option but I did not know about the other options. I read on another forum where the Mercedes dealer charged them $700 dollars when they took their Roadtrek in for an oil change. My wife really likes the Spinter so I will take your advice and research other service option. I'm taking my Audi to the dealership tomorrow to have a timing belt replaced because it now has 75k on the odometer. The service cost will be $2,600, the Sprinter sounds like the same type of category. However, I need to make sure DW is happy...lol.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum