Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 02:56 AM   #15
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
Well yea insurance is required but they are both serving the same purpose. Not saying they are equal but if the price is right a warranty can be good piece of mind.

Agree. It’s a total waste of money - until it isn’t. My slide repair cost $1400. Had a $1200 refrigerator fail on my new coach (which in my case was replaced by Norcold because it was new) and I spent $800 on a self installed AC. These items aren’t cheap and generally are not owner serviceable. Generators and leveling systems can be just as bad. Add in a second slide or AC repair and maybe a TV or a water heater and I can see how it could come in handy over 5-6 years. My warranty was $4000 for 7 years and while I wouldn’t have bought it if DW hadn’t insisted I don’t fault anyone who chooses to do so.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.