Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 04:24 AM   #75
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esqui View Post
Hello all,

So I'm in the process of buying a new 2021 Jayco Alante 29f and I have a question. The coach has two 11,000 BTU A/C units but a 30 amp service. Has anyone had a problem with this? Can anyone explain how Jayco is able to do this? I've always been of the mindset that two A/Cs required 50 amps.

Thank you in advance,

Esqui

Well they’re smaller units and the energy management system certainly will help manage start up loads and maybe even sequence the start up or operation of the two units. Possibly they take turns actually cooling though I don’t think that would be very satisfactory for most people. In any event it probably is sort of marginal. Running your water heater on electric and using the microwave might be iffy. On the other hand you’ll probably only need both ACs during the heat of the day and you might well be able to manage your other demands accordingly. But all of that is a guess. Try before you buy!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum