Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #23
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Interesting, Roadtrek is now owned by a European company:
Roadtrek now part of largest motorhome manufacturer in the worldRoadtreking : The RV Lifestyle Blog

Chance something you may be interested in: (From the linked article above)
Thanks Jamie. I had seen reports that Roadtrek would be building the Grand Canyon Class B for Hymer, but that Hymer purchased the entire Roadtrek company is news to me. Admittedly good news since I've been waiting for a Euro presence in North America for a long time.

From the article it sounds like Hymer will be expanding manufacturing in Canada to include a third plant which will include the "larger motorhome". I hope that by larger motorhome they mean a 22 to 26 foot Class A like those popular in Europe. I also hope they don't Americanize it too much since we already have those to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
Hammill says production of the first Hymer motorhomes will be at the exiting two Kitchener factories, which will continue to build nine different models on three Chassis – the Sprinter, the ProMaster and the Chevrolet Express. A third factory, also in Kitchener, will also go into production for other models, like the larger motorhome and the towables.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.