Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 04:05 AM   #11
powerboatr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesyracing View Post
I will have to look at how easy mine will be to remove. I cant believe how many hoses going all directions in this thing compared to our 2001 National. There are 3 "bypass valves" and unlike our old coach the bypasses just bypass the whole house filter and not the water heater. (heater is the Aqua hot which is a whole different animal.) As for the wood below fresh water tank, I dont believe there is a leak because I didn't notice and drips after adding water, the wood may have just gotten wet from the small cracks and holes in the sheet meatal below that has allowed water from splash back from driving in rain. Also the bits of wood that fell from the holes seems more like particle board that has crumbled apart. It is kind of bad design to have a 100 gallon tank that is basically full width of coach and only supported around perimeter and one support in middle, so tank is drooping roughly 2-1/2 " on each side of the middle support which then has the sheetmetal bottom of compartment tore loose from the bottom frame of compartment and pushed down. Just not work I should need to do on a 7 year old coach that cost well over $300k when it was new. Guess I should know that these things are constant work. Our next upgrade may have to be a tent. ;-)

very strange. my 2008 model has three steel braces under the water tank 3/4 plywood that is wrapped in black poly stuff on upper and some sort of plastic covering on the road side.

good luck on getting it fixed

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum