Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 04:30 PM   #11
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Iron View Post
Thank you all for the insight and the link to the User Guide. It was a great read last nite. I do have a "BIRD & Trombetta relay." Now I have to figure out how to get it fixed. I think I saw a RV shop down the road, I'll take my pix's down there and see what it will cost to fix this problem.

Little more history of our "Tiny Home' as we like to call it.
We bought this last year as our other rig was much to small living in for months at a time. The H (house) batteries are brand new and I just put in a new C (chassis) battery while down here in Florida. The rig runs great and all batteries seem to be charged off the alternator after my wife goes to her dog shows (long weekends.) The trouble only comes after it sits for awhile. The H batteries read 100% when hooked up to SP it now seems that the C battery IS NOT getting charged with SP. I did discount the rear radio since it didn't work anyway, and I have made sure the front Axxera system is off. I want to replace that Axxera system anyway since all it does is reject all CD's I put in there, but that's another story.

Again thanks for the insights and help. I'll keep you updated as I learn more.
If you are relying on the 4 LED status panel for your battery status it will always read 100% when connected to SP as the Converter/Charger voltage is always higher than the battery resting FULL voltage of 12.7 VDC.

You have to be disconnected from SP for at least 1/2 hour to get a good read of house battery status.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum