Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 01:16 AM   #15
Down South

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 27.2
State: Louisiana
THOR #17883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty02 View Post
I bought the lighting harness from Mopar for my 2007 JK Jeep Rubicon. It plugs into the factory harness, uses 12v from the tow vehicle to operate the tail and turn lights. That way you don’t use the towed vehicle battery to operate the lights. The MOPAR part number is 82211156AB and on Amazon for $124. Pretty easy install. Only one hole drilled into the firewall behind the glove box. Uses the tow vehicles 12 volts and nothing to do to the Jeep except plug it in to the tow vehicles trailer power plug.

The toughest part was accessing the Jeep’s wiring harness behind the glove box. Once that was done...well, it’s worth every penny.
Dang Lefty, I wish that I could have done that and maybe I could have. Maybe I didn't do enough research?
Just splicing into the factory harness would have been much easier than what I did.
I dunno, your Jeep was a 2007. Mine is a 2020. According to my research, I needed diodes to splice into the harness to prevent back feeding of either system, the toad to the RV and the RV to the toad.
Maybe the electronics have changed a lot and are more computerized compared to earlier models?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum