Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 03:39 AM   #17
Lefty02

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #6606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
Dang Lefty, I wish that I could have done that and maybe I could have. Maybe I didn't do enough research?
Just splicing into the factory harness would have been much easier than what I did.
I dunno, your Jeep was a 2007. Mine is a 2020. According to my research, I needed diodes to splice into the harness to prevent back feeding of either system, the toad to the RV and the RV to the toad.
Maybe the electronics have changed a lot and are more computerized compared to earlier models?
The diodes are already wired in to the MOPAR harness and its plug-n-play. Only problem is it’s for 07-17 JK Wranglers only. Anyway, I also use the Blue Ox tow bar with their surge brake setup. No need for the overpriced Brake Buddy. I don’t think Blue Ox makes it anymore, but checkout NSA RV Products (RB-9050 Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar on Amazon. $1K which is less than just a Brake Buddy and you get the tow bar and braking system. My Blue Ox surge brake works great But the tow bar is pretty worn out. I might spring for the Ready Brute myself.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum